Saturday, June 27, 2009

Preparing for the trip



As I pack for the trip, I have an extra challenge because I fractured my fibula last week and I am in a walking cast. On the one hand, I only need to bring footwear for my left foot; on the other hand, I need to bring garbage bags for the mud and I need to figure out what pants I can wear. The main advice we received was to wear layers, so I am planning on bringing underlayers that keep me warm while also releasing heat and moisture, and then fleece and wind/rain jackets for warmth and bad weather. I'm also packing some vegan-friendly snacks, in case there are limited options in Barrow, where I have read about their delicacies of whale blubber and caribou meat ;-).

1 comment:

  1. We're glad to hear you all made it to Anchorage and hope the luggage arrives soon! We look forward to the updates and to learning about Barrow and the people and ways of life there - having 24 hours to daylight will be amazing - we could use a little more sun in Boston! Matt's Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete